CARL is on a mission to tear down barriers to access and democratize hedge funds investing in order to provide as many investors as possible with the most sophisticated investment opportunities, so that they can both benefit from profitable investment opportunities in the market and minimize their own risk through a diversified portfolio.
We dream of a modern investment space where comprehensive data is accessible easily, literally with just a few finger tips, and investors are treated like the capable, analytical and sophisticated individuals they generally are.
We believe that when provided with the right tools investors will be able to understand these sophisticated investments and make quality decisions for their own portfolios. Investing in hedge funds should be available quickly, without red tape and a lot of paperwork, to as many investors as possible, regardless of how much they have to invest or how much formal investment education they have received.
We are working hard to ensure that CARL is that innovative investment space and that our dream becomes a reality. Join us and help us build the most innovative and disrupting investment company in the world.
This position is a Backend Engineer for our hedge fund investment platform. The right individual needs to be able to not only learn the platform, but also be able and interested in providing leadership and insight into the growth and improvement of the backend architecture as the firm and product set grows. You need to be comfortable working with tight target dates and overcoming challenges efficiently as a contributing member of our team.
- Responsible for API Development and Administrative Dashboard development
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Review and engage in questions and answers until you understand written requirements
- Discussion with team members on features with technical assistance
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in Python framework – Django
- Engagement working in team environment
- Enjoys problem-solving challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Skill Sets Required: Python, Django, Postgresql, Python libraries, Multi processing, Web Socket
- Additional preferable skills: Heroku, Amazon AWS, Celery
Note: Investment & Finance domain knowledge is mandatory. This position must be available and engaged in the US EST time zone 8am-5pm.